Easy light vegan & paleo tomato zoodles soup that is perfect for your gut health. This bowl of zoodles soup is a fantastic comfort food when you feel a little bit under the weather.
This year the strawberry season is already here. It’s incredible how great the weather has been the last few months. However, this weekend I managed to eat a little bit too many strawberries, and because of that, I had a belly ache. Whenever I feel like there’s something wrong with my gut, then my solution is always tea or broth. Usually, I eat some bone broth or just a vegetable broth. It’s amazing how beneficial one bowl of warm broth can be.
Why do I like broth?
- It builds strength when your gut is fighting with food sensitivities.
- Helps to grow probiotics that are one of the most essential for good bacterias in your gut health.
- Supports healthy inflammation levels in the digestive tract.
- Makes sure that you will have a healthy skin because of the collagen in the bone broth.
- Supports healthy immune system.
- Helps the body with detox by promoting the liver’s ability to remove toxins.
Serve for 3
Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 tsp coconut butter or olive oil
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 minced garlic
- 0,75 l chicken broth (or vegetable broth if you would like to make it vegan)
- 400 g organic crushed tomatoes (The tin works fine (without additives). However, if you have a lot of tomatoes then peel them in hot water and dice)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium zucchini
- your favorite seeds (such as flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds)
- Heat the coconut butter in a pot. Add diced onions and cook for about one minute. Add garlic and mix well.
- Add the broth and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and lower the heat.
- While it’s cooking, spiralize the zucchini (if you don’t have special spiralizer, then use your vegetable peeler and make ribbons out of zucchini).
- Add spiralized zoodles into the soup (you might need to cut the zoodles shorter when they are too long). Cook for another minute then turn off heat.
- Serve the soup with some seeds. Enjoy!